Welcome, and thank you for visiting Larbert Old Church online. We hope that our website highlights the wide variety of worship, fellowship and service opportunities available. Please feel free to read more about our church on this site, or come in for a visit. We would love to greet you and make you feel welcome in our Church.
WE ARE RE-OPENING FOR WORSHIP ON SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2020
CALL 07869 423499
FROM 10AM - MONDAY 31ST AUGUST TO RESERVE A PLACE TO JOIN US
Please read below the new requirements set out by The Church of Scotland
Our risk assessments have been approved and we can commence our first service on Sunday 6 September 2020. While the start time of 11am will be the same, much has to change and this letter provides an outline of what might be expected in terms of meeting the necessary requirements that Sunday.
• Numbers are restricted to 50 in the church (the balcony cannot be used)
• It will be necessary to book a place and that can be done by you during the week (from each Monday commencing 31 August) prior to the service you intend to attend.
• Please phone 07869 423499 to make your booking.
• If there are less than 50 bookings on any given Sunday, you will be able to turn up and walk in. If you have not booked and there are 50 bookings, we cannot allow you access to the church.
• There will be no choice of seating and you will be directed to a pew. We are required to fill the church from the front to the back. Social distancing of 2 metres will be observed.
• Members of the same household will be able to sit together.
• Masks will need to be worn throughout the service.
• If you require a cushion please bring one with you and take it away after the conclusion of the service.
• Your offering will be taken as you come in.
• Please be directed by the Welcome Team on the door, as you enter.
• There will be no singing of hymns although there will be recorded music.
• There will be a Sunday School for children attending. It will not be in the same format as previously, and they will use the tables in the library corner at the front of the church.
• Exit at the end of the service will be through the door nearest to where you have been sitting.
• There will be hand sanitisers available to use on entry and exit.
• As the halls have to remain closed, there can be no tea / coffee after the service.
For those of you who are unable or uncertain about attending, Iain Scoular will be providing his usual broadcast on a Sunday morning. The broadcast will reflect the theme being preached in church that particular morning.
While the format is not ideal by any means, it reflects the current requirements. We have to be sure that we have reduced any risks to a minimum to ensure your safety. We will continue to review the situation and make any necessary changes quickly.